AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:49:24 -0400
Hi:

Dick and I arrive back in the windy city Sun. Oct. 31 late.  Work at SLS
Monday morning.  Then, we plan to move to some hotel in the city.

Both Dick and I have cell phones with us
I am (716) 230-4059 with voice mail.
Dick is (715) 556-4587.

Here where we are in California we are at (949) 855-4852

Where do we meet you?  Are we meeting you for lunch?

What is ALA address? and its phone.  We can phone Monday afternoon or
Tuesday morning to finalize plans.

We wonder what is the possibility to get some significant coverage for web
and on-site access at the 2000 summer conference?  We could put something
on or coordinate having several groups work together.

We'd also like to talk about doing some audio internet broadcasts featuring
known library leaders during this year and highlight access issues.  We
could expand it to literacy or other topics.  You are probably aware we now
do a weekly internet broadcast and have the ability to do more.

The TLT Group (ourparent organization ..Jenkins knows these people well) is
presently doing a series of broadcasts with K. Green on his college
computer use survey.  They are charging people to connect and several
schools have signed up and set up a meeting room where several faculty and
staff can come and listen to the broadcast.  I wonder if libraries would
buy into something like this.  Sometimes if people have to pay for
something they think it is more important than when it is free.

These are ideas we'd like to consider adding to the meeting agenda.

I have a flight at 6 pm Tuesday.  Like to get to the airport about 5 and so
need to leave the meeting by cab about 4 pm.

Norm