AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Linda L. Walling" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:03:38 -0500
    Thanks to those of you who responded to my request for resources in
languages other than English.
    It appears that in April I will be meeting with several people from
Eastern Europe who are involved with library services to people who are
blind. I don't know if adaptive technology issues will come up, but I expect
they will. My AT skills are almost as limited as my East European language
skills! I need to ask your help in advance. I believe the languages
represented will be Russian, Georgian, Czech, and Slovak. I think it's fair
to assume that the people will have language skills in some Western European
languages, but I'd like to connect them with someone who can "speak their
language" and also help them with AT.  Do any of you have both AT and East
European language skills? If not, do you know someone who does?

Linda Lucas Walling
College of Library and Information Science
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208
Phone: 803-777-2298
Web page: http://www.libsci.sc.edu/linda/walling.htm