AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:53:22 -0400
EASI's Web Site Has a New Lookk

EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information) seeks to be the premier
site on the Internet providing information on disabilities and information
technology especially for schools and colleges.  Our motto is that:
Students and professionals with disabilities have the same right to access
information technology as anyone else.

EASI's web site is developing a new look, but it isn't really changed.
There is nothing I hate quite so much as a favorite site changing and then
I can't find anything.  Our new look will make very little change to
navigating our site or to finding what you want.

When you connect, the page will be simpler and hopefully more attractive.
The top 4 links will be:
site index, webcasts, media clips and IT-News.

The site index will jump you to a page looking almost like the traditional
page.  The webcast link takes you to our list of webcasts.

What is new is media clips which will have a changing list of short clips
from webcasts, a kind of sampler.  The IT-News will have a changing list of
news items we think will interest our users.

In coming weeks, other pages will change their visual appearance but will
not significantly change navigation.  When the visual changes occur, we
will also be adding new material.  Our change will be evolving over the
next few months.  We hope you find the site more attractive and full of
fresh information but just as easy to navigate as before.

Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
Chair of EASI