AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Erica Lilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:04:35 -0500
Hi.

I posted a message similar to this on the EASI list, so I apologize for
any duplication.

Our library has two electronic classrooms (20 or so computer workstations
and an overhead, ceiling mounted projection system).  We would like to
provide an accessible workstation in each.  I would be very grateful and
interested to receive suggestions for how to equip these stations.

So far, all I know is that they will have 21" monitors.  I queried about
adjutable height tables, adaptive keyboards, and was *volunteered* to
supplement the Systems request list.  The platform will be Windows NT 4.0.

Each workstation would have to be useful to students with a variety of
disabilities, from visual to mobility, to any extent.  My thoughts to this
point were for screen enlargement software (one of Systems staff found a
shareware package called "Zoomer"), an adaptive keyboard, trackball mouse,
and an adjustable height table.

The rooms are used mostly for library-type instruction of web and
curriculum related resources.

Any suggestions for other types of hardware and software and specific
brands  would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Erica Lilly
Coordinator, Electronic Information Services
Libraries and Media Services
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242