AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Audrey Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:39:26 -0400
Liz,

My first questions to you are these: what functions do you need
magnification for? what kind of setting? Closed circuit TV is always an
option, but in some situations it's not the best option for the money
you have to spend. Please tell us a little more about what you're
trying to accomplish.

The NLS list that Chris so rightly referred you to gives a good idea of
the range of solutions that are possible. I've come to believe that the
simpler the solution, the more people you can serve with it. This can
also lead to less expense - or more money to use in other ways.

Looking forward to hearing from you. (And hi Chris!)

Audrey

Audrey J. Gorman
Access for All
Naperville, IL

> Does anyone have any information on ratings or comparisons of closed
circuit television magnifiers such as VideoEye?  Any information on the
cost of setting up this type of equipment would also be appreciated.
> If you would prefer, you can send the information directly to my
email address, [log in to unmask]

> Thank you!
>

> --
> Liz Delfert, Reference Librarian