AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:20:06 -0800

http://www.rit.edu/~easi

With computers and information technology invading every aspect of
education, it is extremely vital that colleges and universities make these
systems available to students with disabilities.  So, how are we doing?

Todd A. Van Wieren, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, discusses an
assistive technology survey he developed to assess different aspects of AT
in higher education. Presented at the Accessing Higher Ground Conference,
Boulder, CO. 2002

EASI has 3 online workshops starting April 7 to help higher education
achieve these goals
EASI believes that online learning can be personal.  We also believe that
technology is to enrich life and not to dehumanize it.  Our courses put
technical content into non-technical language.
Beginner Barrier-free Web Design
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design
Train the Trainer
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

                Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
CEO EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
http://www.rit.edu/~easi
                http://easi-elearn.org