AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:22:10 -0700
I knew this would interest these EASI lists.

>Date:         Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:11:25 -0600
>Sender:       Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Howard Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Oct. 1 deadline for early registration discount quickly
>approaching for AHG 2009
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Subject: Oct. 1 deadline for early registration discount
>quickly approaching for AHG 2009
>
>  Dear Colleagues:
>
>We invite you to join experts in the field of Assistive
>Technology and access on November 9 - 14 in Westminster,
>Colorado, for this year’s 12th Annual Accessing Higher Ground:
>Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference. AHG offers the
>opportunity to attend over 60 sessions on the implementation
>and benefits of Assistive Technology and Accessible Media in
>the university, college, and business setting. There are
>currently many great airfare deals to Denver for the first
>half of November; the conference has moved to the beautiful 4
>star Westin Hotel in Westminster but room rates are still very
>reasonable ($119 per night includes Internet & a $10 meal
>coupon), and exhibit fees are affordable ($490 includes
>exhibit hall booth, access to all conference proceedings and
>meals).
>
>There is a 15% early registration discount until Oct. 1 and
>ATHEN & ATIA members are eligible for an additional $30
>discount on registration. Simply indicate your affiliation
>when you register for the conference.
>
>Please visit the conference web site at:
>http://www.colorado.edu/ATconference/ for more information or
>to register online.
>
>Other Conference Highlights
>
>* Distinguished speaker Dr. T.V. Raman, Google Research
>Scientist, will be this year's keynote speaker. Read the N.Y.
>Times article about his work (NYT site registration required):
>
>* New Location! This year's conference has moved to the
>beautiful 4 star Westin Hotel in Westminster, Colorado. The
>Westin has excellent conference facilities, is fully
>accessible and is located within view of the Rocky Mountains,
>about half way between Denver and Boulder.
>
>* National ATHEN meeting: Access Technology in Higher
>Education Network is an organization for professionals who
>work with access technology in the higher education
>environment. Learn about the organization and meet other
>members during the Thursday (Nov. 12) evening meeting.
>
>* EASI, WebAIM & ATHEN tracks
>
>* Over 60 presentations and hands on sessions taught by
>national experts
>
>* Over 35 hours of hands on workshops included in the agenda.
>
>More information at conference site:
>http://www.colorado.edu/ATconference/ or contact

  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  Christopher Reeve

Norman Coombs [log in to unmask]
CEO EASI Equal Access to Software and Information
phone (949) 855-4852 (NOTE pacific time zone)
****READ ABOUT THE DICK BANKS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP:
http://easi.cc/scholarship.htm

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<