AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Yared <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:30:34 -0500
Anyone going to the SLA conference this year in June in San Antonio?

One item of interest is:

Web Design for the Visually Impaired
Wednesday, Jun 13, 2001, 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Vision impairments affect close to ten million people. Join the DITE
Webmaster and Virtual Sections as we survey the types of hardware and
software available to the visually handicapped to gain access to the
Internet and World Wide Web. Explore how these tools work and what their
advantages and limitations are. Learn techniques Web designers can use to
make their sites accessible to the visually impaired.
Presented By
SLA Lead Planning Unit: Information Technology Div
Virtual Section of ITE
Webmaster Section of ITE
Difficulty Level: All
Additional Tracks: Information Technology,
Moderator(s) :
Walt Howe, Internet and Web Consultant

Anyone know Mr. Howe? I like to contact him if he can include some
deaf-related materials.
Thanks.
Mike Yared