AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellen Perlow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:40:40 -0500
Dear ASCLA-L and AXSLIB-L Diversity Advocates:

Please contribute and encourage LIS students to contribute to this
publication of ALA's Office for Diversity to ensure that accessibility and
the diversity of "doing it differently" are fully recognized and promoted by
ALA's Office of Diversity - and that the "Versed" publication
remains?/becomes? fully accessible in accordance with ALA's own
Accessibility Policy.

[The posting below was published on another library-related list, July 13,
2005 and forwarded to these lists - ASCLA-L and AXSLIB-L with the prior
permission of Tracie Hall, Director, ALA Diversity Office) ...Should ASCLA-L
and AXSLIB-L be original recipients of such postings?

> [...]
>Manuscripts should be submitted by e-mail in both plain text format within
>the body of the e-mail and as a Word attachment.  While Versed is capable
>of handling a wide range of word processing programs in both the PC and
>Mac formats, we prefer that manuscripts be in Word 6.X for Windows. When
>submitting a manuscript in any other format, indicate the word processing
>program used.
>
>LENGTH
>400-900 words, longer articles accepted by previous arrangement.
>
>PAYMENT
>Versed does not currently offer honoraria for submissions.
>
>EXCLUSIVE SUBMISSION
>It is assumed that no other publisher is or will be simultaneously
>considering a manuscript submitted to Versed until that manuscript is
>returned or written permission is provided by the Versed editors.
>
>RIGHTS
>According to the contract provided to authors, exclusive North American
>rights are retained until three months after publication,
>unless another arrangement is made in writing. Versed retains rights to
>have the published material reproduced, distributed,
>and sold in print or electronic text.  Versed should be credited as the
>point of original publication.
>
>REPRINT POLICY
>No reprints can be provided, but permission is usually granted for authors
>to reproduce their contributions as published in Versed.
>Others wishing to republish the text of an article are referred to the
>author for permission and fee information. A reasonable number of copies
>are sent to each author. Special arrangements may be necessary to
>reproduce illustrations.
>
>ACKNOWLEDGMENT
>Unsolicited manuscripts are acknowledged when received.
>
>REPORTS
>The editors try to report on manuscripts within 4-8 weeks. Written
>reminders from the author after this period are welcome, and usually
>result in a prompt reply.
>
>PUBLICATION DATE
>On acceptance, an estimated date of publication may be provided to the
>author. Usually manuscripts can be published no sooner than two months
>after receipt.
>
>EDITING
>On accepted manuscripts, the editors reserve the right to make editorial
>revisions, deletions, or additions which, in their opinion,
>support the author's intent. When changes are substantial, every effort is
>made to work with the author.
>
>GALLEYS
>Galleys are not provided to the author.
>
>PHOTOGRAPHS
>Color prints are preferred for use with manuscripts or as picture stories.
>If the manuscript is selected for publication in the online
>version of Versed, an electronic copy of the image in GIF or JPEG format
>will be requested.
>
>ILLUSTRATIONS
>Illustrations are commissioned for certain articles and features.

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<