AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:42:49 -0700
Call for Articles, Reviews and News:

Special Issue of
Information Technology and Disabilities
<http://www.rit.edu/~easi/itd.htm>

Information Technology, Accessibility, and Distance Education

In past years, EASI's electronic journal, Information Technology and
Disabilities, has assembled "special issues" devoted to a single topic.
In an upcoming (2001) issue, we will explore access issues as they
relate to distance education. Interested researchers and authors are
invited to submit articles, or proposals for articles, that deal with
any aspect of distance education and disability, including (but not
limited to):

- Access technologies
- Accessible instructional materials and media
- Case studies of specific programs aimed at population with
  disabilities
- History of distance education

In the past, we have "co-published" our special, thematic issues with
print publishers.  We are in the process of identifying a distance
education professional journal to partner with us on this exciting
special issue, and hope to continue our tradition of co-publication in
order to disseminate this important information to the widest possible
audience.

If you have an article, or would like to discuss an idea for an article,
review, or other contribution, please contact:

Tom McNulty
Editor, Information Technology and Disabilities
Bobst Library
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012
Phone: 212/998-2519
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Information Technology and Disabilities is available free-of-charge at:
http://www.rit.edu/~easi/itd.htm