AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Drew, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:04:34 -0400
Is it appropriate to ask people here to look at a website and evaluate
it in terms of accessability?  The majority of the library website makes the
grade
under Bobby for level 1.  I am not satsified with that and would like
some
guidance as to where to proceed.  After attending a presentation last
year
by Norm Coombs, I also added many more text alternatives and links to
allow
those with screen readers to jump over naigation bars to the content of
our
pages.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  The website is at:

http://www.morrisville.edu/library/

I have not provided a separate site for those using screen readers.
That
makes no sense to me.  Well designed sites should not need two sets of
pages.

I also want to thank everyone for the suggestions on monitors and screen
readers.  Now it all depends on what funding I can find.  This is a
great
list.

Bill Drew