AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Coonin, Bryna R" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:42:19 -0400
Digital reader/printer technology has also come a long way in the last few
years. Canon and Minolta both make digital reader/printers that convert
microfilm/microfiche to text which can be printed out in larger type or put
onto disk (if the machine is properly set up and networked, also emailing
the results) and then read by a screen reader where necessary. Local sales
representatives of these companies will know who they've sold machines to --
usually larger public or academic libraries. The question of who will
perform the service without charging for it is still open.

Bryna Coonin
Joyner Library
East Carolina University
Greenville, North Carolina 27858