AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Audrey Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:21:10 -0500
Ellen,

What wonderful news!  I was glad to se that Jerry Krois contributed to the change too.  Go ASCLA!

I have some reservations about the "People with disabilities" = "People with physical disabilities" choice.  It perpetuates a frequent usage, as noted in the analysis, of equating physical and/or visually evident disability with disability.  In doing so, it perpetuates a false stereotype.  I'll address a comment to them tomorrow.

Still, this warrents a big celebration! [Picture streamers, noisemakers, and your beverage of choice!]

Thank you for your active role in this milestone victory for all of us people with disabilities!

Audrey

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/05/01 16:48 PM >>>
Dear Accessibiity Advocates:

With your POSITIVE, PEOPLE-FIRST advocacy, we can REALLY make it happen.  Your
input to the Library of Congress Cataloging Policy and Support Office (CPSO) is
kindly requested by September 15th (ADDRESS BELOW). A for Accessibility: Positive Wins Every
Time!

-----------------------
Ellen Perlow
Chair, ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship Committee
The ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship Diversity Initiative
"Celebrating a New Century that Celebrates Diversity"
http://www.ala.org/ascla/centuryscholarship.html
Annual Submission Deadline: March 1
Texas Century Scholarship: http://www.txla.org/html/awards/scholar/century.html
Have YOU recruited/applied to be a Century Scholarship applicant today?
Manager of Information Services
School of Library and Information Studies
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425438
Denton, TX 76204-5438
Tel.: 940-898-2622  Fax: 940-898-2611
Web: http://twu.edu/~s_perlow/
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Forward of My Lette of Thanks to CPSO's Mr. Weiss (from IFLA) and Mr. Weiss'
letter.

From :
           Ellen Perlow <[log in to unmask]>

        To :