AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Irwin, Marilyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:06:19 -0500
Another books is Deines-Jones, Courtney & Van Fleet, Connie. (1995). Preparing staff to serve patrons with disabilities. Neal-Schuman.  Although 10 years old, much of the material covered is still very relevant. (http://www.neal-schuman.com/db/9/159.html)

Although I don't mean to toot my own horn, I also teach a web-based course in the Indiana University School of Library and Information Science entitled Library Resources and Technologies for Patrons with Disabilities.  It will be offered during the spring semester and can be taken from anywhere in the world.   The 2006 syllabus isn't ready yet, but the one from 2005 can be viewed at http://www.slis.iupui.edu/courses/syllabi/L620_s05_irwin.pdf if you want to get an idea.

Marilyn Irwin

Assoc. Prof.

School of Library & Information Science

Indiana University, Indianapolis