AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARLENE MCINTOSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:19:36 -0400
I thought that I would send this message out again, as I have had some interest from several colleges and universities who need more information.

Please contact me if you require more information.
Thanks!
Marlene McIntosh

Cambrian College
The Glenn Crombie Centre
    for Disability Services
1400 Barrydowne Rd
Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
(705) 566-8101 x. 7219
http://homepages.cambrianc.on.ca

I have developed training guides for Kurzweil 3000 version 4 and textHelp version 4.

**To order these guides, please send a cheque (made payable to CAMBRIAN COLLEGE) to the address listed below my name. All prices include taxes and shipping.

The textHelp training guide includes diskettes with practice exercises and answer files. Topics include the following:
- Starting and Exiting, A quick tour - Practice Exercise
-Exploring the Buttons, Drag, Speak, Text Reader - Practice Exercise
- Spelling Button - Practice Exercise
- Word Prediction - Practice Exercise
- Thesaurus - Practice Exercise
- Word Wizard - Practice Exercise
- Final Practice Exercise - which incorporates all other exercises as a final review
- Appendix - Menu Options, Speak as I Type, Setting Speech Options
COST: $50 - this includes a set of originals that allows you to make copies for any student or staff at your organization.

The Kurzweil 3000 training guide includes a CD-ROM that contains the manual scanned into Kurzweil format, and practice files for students and teachers.
Topics include:
- Introduction - Starting, exiting, quick tour, main toolbar, reading toolbar
- Scanning - starting and stopping, deleting a page, replacing pages - Practice Exercise
- Saving Files
- Reading - starting and stopping, changing reading speed, changing reading mode, magnifying words as they are read - Practice Exercise
- Using the Zone Editor - deleting a zone, adjusting zones, adding a zone, adjusting the order of the zones - Practice Exercise
- Using Kurzweil 3000 to Help You to Study - Study Skills toolbar, highlighting text, erasing highlights, extracting highlights, leaving voice notes, written notes, sticky notes, hidden notes, deleting notes
- Final Practice
- For Teachers: Editing Text - Preparing text before the student begins to read, correcting text, changing the pronunciation of words
COST: $50 - this includes a set of originals that allows you to make make copies for any student or staff at your organization.