AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 11:13:12 -0400
All:  Our Director of Communications, Linda Riddell, announced today that:

The largest educational webcast in history will start in less than 48 hours!

Please visit http://www.bfranklin.edu for information (and a "preview")
about Global Learn Day II which shall be begin 00:01 GMT Sunday October
11, 1998.  (SATURDAY, October 10, 1988, 5:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time).
This will be a gathering of the elite in distance education and internet
technology with presentations from around the world.

The Keynote Address shall be by the Mayor of Wellington, New Zealand.
After the Mayor's presentation, our virtual Clipper will visit "ports" in
Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas " ...in a convincing demonstration
that knowledge can now be transferred from anyplace to anywhere".

Please join us.  Passage is free.  And ALL one has to do is visit
http://www.bfranklin.edu .  No advance registration is required.  And no
plugins are needed to see and hear marvelous presentations from
virtually every corner of the globe.

Please pass this announcement on to friends, collegues and lists to which
you may belong.

Thank you.  See you on board.  It's gonna be an exciting trip!

John W. Hibbs, Director
Benjamin Franklin Institute
     of Global Education
4241 Jutland, Suite 2000