AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"McCraw, Jackie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:14:10 -0400
Hi.

It's also frustrating to me as a person without sight when websites are only
partially accessible, and part of the site is not read by my speech
software, or the software reads parts of two different columns or sections
of the site together, which can be extremely confusing.

I was trying to search a website for a course on writing magazine articles,
and had dificulty locating and filling out the search form.  Then when the
results came back, they were difficult to decipher, because items did not
seem to be separated, one per line of text.  I wasn't sure if I was reading
part of a previous item, or a new item.  It was very frustrating over time,
and after I looked at 40 items on writing or containing the word writing, I
gave it up.

- Jackie McCraw