AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 07:18:49 -0500
EASI continues to explore uses of audio on the web to serve as an access tool
for some users and, more important for now, as a tool to bring people and
exciting events together.  We did an internet web broadcast of some of the
events from the recent conference on technology and people with disabilities
from Los Angeles, and now we are moving those events from our own hard drive
back onto a web archive where people may access them on demand.  Two
presentations are on the archive today.  More will be coming online every few
days.  Check it out and keep coming back for more.

Presently there are presentations by Northern Iowa on curriculum development
and by New Jersey Institute of Technology on Project Smart.  both presentations
focus on access to science and math for students in grades K-12.

You will need a real audio player.  You can download it from a link on our
page.  Be sure to get the free demo version unless you want the better
commercial version.

To find these broadcasts, go to the EASI web http://www.rit.edu/~easi
and pick the EASI Listening link.

Norman coombs