AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Audrey Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:19:42 -0500
Eileen,

Every type of library needs to be accessible.  This means not only
physically, but also intellectually.  Can students and staff with
various kinds of disabilities get information out of your electronic
catalog or other electronic sources?  If you have a Web site, is it
accessible?  Or, as a friend of mine says, could Helen Keller, Stephen
Hawking and Tom Cruise (who has dyslexia, a hidden disability) use
your library effectively?

I'm not sure this answers your question about wondering what was
pertinent to high school libraries.  Please elaborate, if needed.

Thanks for wondering!
Audrey

>>> mercy hs <[log in to unmask]> 09/30 3:29 PM >>>
Audrey,
I work in a high school library and wondered what was pertinant to
us
Eileen Payne

> From: Audrey Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: This is a test.
> Date: Monday, September 27, 1999 7:45 AM
>
> Welcome, Merrie!  What are your interests in the area of
accessible