AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 13:56:36 -0700
EASI's webcast is an interview with Audrey Gorman about both the new ALA
accessibility policy and this summer's Accessibility Pavilion at the ALA
convention.
go to http://easi.cc and select either webcasts or site index.

Audrey Gorman from the American Library Association discusses the ALA
policy on accessibility and the access initiatives at the June ALA
conference in San Fransisco
Audrey said:

At our mid-winter meeting in January, which was held in Washington D.C., we
actually passed a new policy, I should say our ALA Council, which is
representative of our whole 60,000 member organization much like congress
in the
US passed a new policy on library services and people with disabilities. It
has nine different sections. This is an exciting tool for us to begin
working and in terms of what we are talking about today, there are two
sections. Section 5 on assistive technology and number nine, on ALA
publications and communication.

Note! EASI will have an interview with the in-coming President of the
American Library Association, John Berry, posted on June 7 2001.  Watch for
announcements.