AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"McCraw, Jackie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:21:17 -0400
I am a relative neophyte, but I tried to access Seattle Public Library's
catalog online, but the speech would not read it sufficiently for me to be
able to read everything or to order a title from the catalog.  As I recall
(it was some time ago), it read some of the information, such as author and
title, but did not read all of it.  It was text-based, and the speech was
for Windows programs, so the two formats were not very compatible.  I should
have complained, but the person helping me was the library's technical
person in charge of helping patrons with disabilities for the accessibility
project, so I figured it was her job to let those above her know there was a
problem.  But I probably should have complained.

Jackie McCraw