AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:53:43 GMT
Greetings!  I would like to try an experiment on a
blog for librarians and visually impaired library
users.   Below is information. I would really
appreciate any feedback you have on this. Thanks!
Lori

Welcome to VIP2, (very important page for visually
impaired people) at http://www.vip2.blogspot.com,  a
new blog for librarians, visually impaired people, and
anyone interested in discussing and sharing news on
talking books, digital books, digital audiobooks,
library services and technology for the visually
impaired, and more.  This blog is experimental to
investigate whether or not a blog is a valuable way of
sharing information and news in this group.

A blog can serve a number of different purposes. It
can be a personal diary or a frequently updated
website with news, information, and links to websites
of interest on a particular topic.  A blog can be
written by one person, or a community blog like this
one with posts by a number of different people.  To
find out more about blogs, there is an article in
Freepint that has a great explanation of blogs:
http://www.freepint.com/issues/020502.htm?FreePint_Session=ee67a6dad70af91dd113c5db7fa64e59#feature

There are a number of ways you can participate!
1)      If you would like to share news, a book review, or
valuable information of interest to others, you can
email it to me at [log in to unmask] and I will post
it to the website/newsgroup.
2)      If you would like to post directly to the blog, let
me know by email, and I will send you an invitation so
that you can post directly to the blog.
3)      You can visit the site as frequently or as
infrequently as you like to read posts.
4)      If it is inconvenient to visit the website, you can
join the vip2blog yahoogroup to receive posts by email
on an individual or digest basis. To join this group,
you can go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vip2blog/
to join; you can click on the “join vip2blog” link or
icon on the blog  site at
http://www.vip2.blogspot.com; or you can email me and
I will sign you up. (In this case, be sure to let me
know if you want individual posts or a daily digest.)
5)      If you have comments on a post, there is a comments
feature where you can click next to a post and share
your thoughts or read other comments too.
6)      The site has a search engine so that you can search
for posts on specific topics and posts will be
archived so that if you miss visiting the site, you
can still come back and find older posts.

If you have any questions or comments, please email
me:  [log in to unmask]

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com