AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:10:09 -0600
Kelly,

508 does not require that Web sites have software to read text aloud. The
requirements are designed so that if an individual needs to access a site
using a personal computer equipped with screen reading software, the
individual will be able to do so. In other words, 508 attempts to remove
barriers to access by requiring Web sites to be constructed so that they are
accessible by a variety of assistive technologies.
--
John Moore, MLIS
Information Resources Coordinator

(800) 828-7839