AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:44:54 -0800
EASI is beginning a listserv discussion about the accessibility of
Blackboard.  They have done a tremendous amount of work in recent years to
improve the accessibility of the interface.  This work is to be
commended.  However, users still find problems.  Some problems are parts of
the interface needing additional modification.  Some of the problems have
more to do with the usability of a very complex system.  Last, access is
actually a combination of the coding of the system being used and some of
it has to do with both the adaptive technology the user is using and also
some has to do with the skill of that user.

The purpose of the list is not to be a platform for complaining.  We want
either current Blackboard users with disabilities or support people helping
users with disabilities.  We want to share what problems we have found.  We
also want to share work arounds or other tips that people have found useful.

Our goal is first to help one another and second to make the relevant
Blackboard people aware of our findings as the continue working on
improving their system.

If you fall into this category and want to join the discussion, send email to

In the email say:
sub easiplan (and then include your name)

Norm

EASI Online Courses Starting April 3
Accessible Internet Multimedia
http://easi.cc/workshops/mmedia.htm
Train the Trainer
http://easi.cc/workshops/train.htm
Designing Accessible Course Content Using Familiar Software
http://easi.cc/workshops/dacc.htm

Join EASI free Podcast series
http://easi.cc/podcasts/

Norman Coombs, Ph.D., CEO EASI
http://easi.cc
(949) 922-5992

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<