AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VRD Conference <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:42:49 -0400
Please excuse any cross-postings.

Hello all,

Here are a couple of brief updates on the VRD Conference, to be held on
November 17-18, 2003 in San Antonio, TX. The first is that we are very
pleased to announce that Robert Martin, Director of the Institute of
Museum of Library Services, will deliver the keynote address at the
conference. Dr. Martin, a native Texan, is a distinguished library scholar
and educator, and always a terrific speaker.

Also, each year the Virtual Reference Desk Project (VRD) recognizes
libraries and organizations that provide high-quality digital reference
service to their users. VRD is currently seeking nominations for the VRD
Exemplary Services 2003 Award. Winners will be honored at the VRD 2003
Conference, during the Reception and Awards Ceremony on November 17, 2003
in San Antonio. Award winners will be selected based on quality
characteristics and features as outlined in the Facets of Quality for
Digital Reference Services (http://www.vrd.org/facets-10-00.shtml).

Please nominate a digital reference service for the 2003 Exemplary Service
Award using the form at:

http://www.vrd2003.org/exemplary_form.cfm

Thank you for your participation, and I hope you can join us in November.

Regards,
Joann

Joann M. Wasik
Research Consultant & Communications Officer
The Virtual Reference Desk
www.vrd.org

VRD 2003 Conference "Reference Roundup"
November 17-18, 2003 San Antonio, TX