AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Yared, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:15:12 -0500
        Well, still the university discriminated against people with
disabilities, which has a long histories of oppression, even by members
of racial and ethnic groups. For example, PWDs who are also minorities
are double-discriminated for cultural differences.
        Mike

<<From:    Julia <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: People with disabilities included?

My read on this is that it isn't rejecting any specific group, including
people with disabilities, it is recruiting people from specific groups.  I
believe the challenge is to expand our understanding of who has been
historically discriminiated against while supporting efforts of
organizations to recruit people of quality who may be different.
Julia Allegrini>>

EASI's online workshop on accessible Web design,
Barrier-free Web Design, begins Feb. 22.
Making your Web pages accessible is the right thing to do,
and it is the law.  For information, go to
http://www.rit.edu/~easi and click on workshops.