AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dick Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:07:05 -0600
Hi Everyone

I just got a call from a gentleman who is looking for some help.  Dr. Larry
Scadden, from the National Science Foundation, told him I might be able to
help.  I can't because I don''t have pictures with a high enough
resolution.  Here is what I was sent and I really hope some of you might be
able to help.

Dick

Contact Adam at the email address found at the end of this message.

***Quoted from message

We are nearing completion of a book commemorating the National Science
Foundation's 50th. Anniversary. The book will be printed in four colors;
have a limited press run of 20,000 issues; and will be given to members of
Congress, decision makers, and leaders in the scientific community. Walter
Cronkite penned the forward to the book and has given his endorsement to
the project. The book illustrates how NSF's support has fostered
outstanding work over the decades.

Larry Scadden suggested you might be able to help us get images for the
chapter on education, specifically re: disabled students.

If you can provide photos or artwork--or know someone at your site who
can--please respond. We're on an incredibly tight deadline for this, we
need to have photos/art by Feb. 17th. (**next Thursday**). I can provide a
Fed-Ex number to speed shipping.

This is what we're looking for:

--Professional quality slides, high-resolution (at least 300dpi) digital
files, or
photos
--Colorful images, dynamic shots
--Caption information
--Images licensed to the public domain or available without usage fees (the
NSF is a non-profit organization, this is a non-profit venture; we will
provide proper accreditation for any images used).

If you are able to help, or have further questions this outstanding
project, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again,

Adam P. Schrecengost
Writer and Editor
Low + Associates
Dick Banks              EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information
EASI Electronic Resource Manager
http://www.rit.edu/~easi     Weekly Webcasts on Barrier-free Information
Technology
PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS [log in to unmask]

EASI's online workshop on accessible Web design,
Barrier-free Web Design, begins Feb. 22.
Making your Web pages accessible is the right thing to do,
and it is the law.  For information, go to
http://www.rit.edu/~easi and click on workshops.