AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"David K. Larsen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:15:46 -0500
All,

I just subscribed to this list, so my apologies if this topic has been
covered before.

I'm searching for organizations that can create e-texts on demand from
print sources for use in text-to-speech software.  I'm aware of the
service offered by Woodlake Technologies
(http://www.woodlaketechnologies.com/book_scanning.asp), but I'm
wondering if there are others.  Ultimately, I'd like to identify 3-4
organizations that could reply to an RFP to offer such a service to the
University of Chicago.

Sometimes we could allow the material to be disbound for ease of
scanning, but if the material is part of the Library's collection (and
unavailable through new or used markets), we would want the service to
be able to scan directly from our library materials without damage to
the originals.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Gratefully,

David Larsen
Head of Access Services
University of Chicago Library

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<