AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:14:08 -0400
Currently, I am self trained in Angel, WebCT, and Blackboard portals.  This
enables me to teach Introduction to Psychology and Psychology of the
Handicapped online courses for Middlesex County College, New Jersey.  In
conjunction, I teach Exceptional Development and General Psychology for
Westmoreland County Community College, Pennsylvania as well for Sussex
County Community College, New Jersey.  My responsibilities include
communicating with the students through e-mail, communicating with the
social science dean through e-mail, making class announcements on the
CampusCruiser.  Also, I am responsible for presenting lessons as PowerPoint
slide shows, presenting learning resources as Internet links and assorted
videos from YouTube, administering and grading essay examinations, assigning
weekly discussion and close-ended questions, annotated bibliographies, and
five page research papers, informing students of their progress, and
submitting grades to the Registrar's Office.

On-line teaching has been a lifetime career goal. Although I cannot teach in
a traditional classroom setting due to having severe Cerebral Palsy and a
speech impediment, I strongly believe that I can be an asset to the on-line
teaching community. As you are aware, there is a growing trend where
disabled students are enrolling in on-line courses due to the availability
of computer-based accessible technologies for teaching and learning.  I
think I would be an asset to your school both as a person with a disability
on your payroll and as a role model for students who have disabilities.  I
constantly utilize assistive technology; I also received my Masters in
Psychology online from Walden University (2002); I can relate well to
disabled students' learning needs.

For additional information, please read the Monmouth University Magazine's
and Star Ledger's articles by clicking on these links
http://home.att.net/~ysinger/YVONNE_SINGER.PDF and
http://home.att.net/~ysinger/slartps.htm.

If you want to talk more, email me at [log in to unmask] .

Professor Singer

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<