AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 04:24:02 -0700
In this week's EASI webcast, Reidy Brown from Blackboard describes their
work to implement the Section 508 standards into its distance learning
coursewaree
http://easi.cc and select either the link for webcasts or the link for site

Reidy Brown is a senior software engineer with Blackboard, and in the
interview she says:

The federal Section 508 regulations have increased awareness of Internet
accessibility issues, particularly in the educational arena. Blackboard has
been focusing on accessibility issues for nearly two years, because we
believe that accessibility is a vital component of online educational
software. We've been working hard to make sure Blackboard 5.5 implements the
Section 508 standards, and we're looking forward to working with our users
to help them take full advantage of the new accessibility features.

Both EASI and Blackboard are part of a FIPSE LAAP grant, WebAIM,  at Utah
State University directed by Dr. Rowland.  http://www.webaim.org

EASI's next online workshop, starting June 4, focuses more on onsite access
to computer and information technology than on distance learning.  Course
syllabus and registration are available at
http://easi.cc/workshops/adaptit.htm