AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cheryl Kirkpatrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:12:01 -0400
I have written a couple of articles for Information Today on Web
accessibility and
have been approached about the possibility of editing a book on the
topic geared towards information professionals and educators.

I seldom post to this list but I lurk, and have found it to be a great
educational tool. I have great respect for the contributors of the list
and would be very interested in hearing your opinions on  whether or not
there is a need for another book on Web accessibility and what topics
you would be interested in seeing in that book.

To get the conversation started – The recent books that I have seen do
not address the needs of people with learning disabilities or the
effects of inaccessible web design on distance education. I can see a
need to explore these areas.

I appreciate any input that you can give me.

Thanks!

Cheryl H. Kirkpatrick
Web Administrator
South Carolina State Library