AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Joniec, Allathea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:57:22 -0500
Alan,

One word of caution or one paragraph from the voice of experience,  we
cannot keep mixed use Access Technology workstation in repair.  In other
words, sighted users tend to trash machines for the visually impaired.  So,
event though it hurts to see machines idle, we reserve the ATWs for their
intended users.  We try to explain that just as with handicapped parking, it
needs to be there when needed and that means that in this case only those
who need screen enlarging, talking computers etc get to use those machines.

I'd like to hear more about your experience.

Allathea Joniec
Access Technology Project Manager
Free Library of Philadelphia
215 906 3973