AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michele Ostrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:28:11 -0500
Hi List Serv members,

We have the opportunity to request new hardware/software for our Assistive
Technology room at UT-Austin.  Last year, we bought the following:

1.  ALVA Braille Display
2.  Juliette Interpoint Brailler
3.  PC, scanner, speakers, large screen monitor
4.  Kurzweill 1000
5.  Duxbury
6.  ZoomText
7.  Magic
8.  JAWS
9.  Color CCTV
10.  Ergorest arm support

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what else we should
have.  Our user base consists of students, faculty, staff and the
public.  Academic use by the UT community takes first priority.

For those of you in academic libraries, do you find that Home page reader
is worth having in addition to JAWS for use with databases etc.?  Or is it
six-of-one...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Michele Ostrow
The General Libraries