AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:45:14 -0400
FIRST EVER EASI/TLTG WORKSHOP!

September 30 - October 2, 1999
Oakland Community College
Auburn Hills, Michigan

For ten years EASI has been empowering people with disabilities by
providing them with effective, usable information about adaptive computing
technology and information access. This is a rapidly evolving field, and
having new and updated information about technology has become a critical
requirement for people with disabilities. EASI is not about technology; it
is about people - and how to help the greatest number of people achieve
their goals through technology.

In the past, meeting the needs of students with disabilities was usually
assigned to either to computer support services or to disabled student
services. Today's decentralized computing systems means computers are
spread across the campus and are increasingly part of most college courses.
Support for the computer needs of these students must also be campus wide.

We know from experience that it takes a strong collaborative effort to
initiate change, so we encourage you to send a team of individuals to the
EASI Regional workshop. By sending at least two individuals, you will
greatly enhance your institution's ability to move from plan to action once
back at your home institution.

T****** Below is the full listing of the TLT fall events:

he TLT Group is excited to announce seven events for the fall of 1999!
Whether your institution wants to attend a Renaissance, EASI, TLTR
Regional, or Flashlight event, we have what you need!  And The TLT Group is
better than ever.  We have committed ourselves to the dedication of forging
ongoing connections between and with members of the TLT Community.  Please
join us in making this the most successful year in TLT history!

(NEW!) TLT GROUP RENAISSANCE EVENTS:

The Renaissance Program provides planning, assistance, networking, guided
actions, and extensive online resources.  We'll start by working with you
to define your institutional goal, select team members, and prepare for a
two-day workshop.  At a Renaissance Program Workshop, your team will
analyze the issues you've identified and begin to work through the problems
that hinder the effective educational use of information technology.
Finally, we'll help you develop a 12 to 18 month implementation plan for
implementing changes at your institution with follow-up tasks, online
activities and links to regional and national resources.

The TLT Group Renaissance Program's goal is to help your institution
develop and sustain a PLAN for improving teaching and learning with
technology.

The TLT Group Renaissance Program is for institutions that:
Are developing a new academic vision for using technology
Suffer from a support service crisis and want to make students part of the
solution
Need to assess the consequences of technology use
Want to transform internal fragmentation into collaboration

September 30 and October 1, 1999
Millersville University
Millersville, Pennsylvania

October 7 and 8, 1999
Ferris State University
Big Rapids, Michigan

November 19 and 20, 1999
Seton Hall University
South Orange, New Jersey

TLT GROUP FALL EASI EVENT:
[...]

TLT GROUP REGIONAL WORKSHOPS:

September 24, 1999
University of Nebraska and Nebraska Wesleyan University
Lincoln, Nebraska

This conference is an intensive, team-oriented event, designed to help
colleges and universities develop action plans for improving teaching and
learning with technology - an "Agenda for Change". This conference features
two tracks - one for launching a new TLTR and another for advancing or
revitalizing an existing TLTR.

FLASHLIGHT FOCUS WORKSHOPS:

September 22 - 24, 1999
Indiana University, School of Continuing Studies
Indianapolis, Indiana

October 1 - 2, 1999
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, New York

These workshops focus on the issues involved in studying the costs of using
technology to provide instruction. Participants work with facilitators
prior to the workshop to define the general contours of a study they want
to conduct at their institution. During the workshop participants will work
with colleagues from other institutions and Flashlight facilitators to plan
their studies. The new Flashlight Cost Analysis Handbook will guide the
design process.