AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
julia allegrini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 23:19:25 -0400
Beth,
I think it is Amica that advertises "insurance for living" and uses people with
disabilities in their advertisements.  I would also check with the state, many
have pools for people who traditionally have a hard time getting insurance.  Is
your patron employed?  If so check with the employer, sometimes even people who
aren't traditionally eligible for employee insurance can buy it. Another
creative option would be to check to see if any family members have the option
to buy insurance for "non-dependents,"  though this type of insurance is
frequently what is offered to people who are eligible for domestic partner
benefits I have heard of it being used for a non-dependent child in a similar
circumstance.

Good luck.
Julia Allegrini