AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:34:45 GMT
Hello Mary (Hricko),

I read about your forthcoming book on the AXSLIB list, see appended
message.

My company, Cloudworld, has developed a web-enabled teaching tool called
WordAloud.  We are currently releasing a version of the tool as a
text/hypertext reader cum off-line browser.  It has been designed
for universal accessibility, with large-character word-at-a-time display
coupled with speech output, and with input/control from keyboard,
keypad or mouse.  See www.wordaloud.co.uk for details and a down-loadable
version.

WordAloud gives direct access to text, unlike in the screen-reader
approach, where the information is interpreted via an application
(typically a word processor).

I'd appreciate consideration of WordAloud in your chapter on resources.
I'd be happy to contribute to a chapter comparing and contrasting
the screen-reader approach with more direct approaches to information
access.

Cheers,

John

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk