AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Schmetzke, Axel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:17:09 -0500
Posted to axslib on behalf of Sheryl Burgstahler:

I am co-editing a book, Universal Design in Higher Education: From
Principles to Practice. It will provide overviews of universal design as

applied to physical spaces, instruction, student services, and
information
technology in postsecondary institutions. I would like someone to write
case study on applying universal design to a postsecondary library
(possibly using some content, e.g., the subcategories, in the
publication
at
http://www.washington.edu/doit/Brochures/Academics/equal_access_lib.html
).

You can check out our documents at
http://www.washington.edu/doit/Resources/udesign.html for examples of
our
work in applications of universal design.

Would you be interested in writing a chapter? It does not be long; we
can
discuss length and other details once an author is identified. We would
like to have a draft chapter by the end of April. For now, if you are
interested send me a one paragraph abstract of a proposed chapter.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Sheryl

Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.
Director, DO-IT & UW Accessible Technology Services
Computing & Communications
University of Washington, Box 355670
Seattle, WA 98195
206-543-0622          FAX 206-221-4171
http://staff.washington.edu/sherylb

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<