AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Schmetzke, Axel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:53:39 -0600
Hi there,

Sarah Sherman, a colleague of mine, and I are about to launch an
accessibility evaluation project. We are planning to assess the
accessibility of some of the online resources provided by college libraries,
such as Voyager-based catalogs and some of the more popular library
databases. At this point, I have the following three questions to those of
you who use a screen reader:

1. Have you tried to search the Library of Congress Catalog
(http://catalog.loc.gov/)?

2. How accessible is it?

3. What are the barriers that you may have encountered?

In your response, please specify the particular browser and screen reader
you are using.

This information will be helpful for Sarah and me when we evaluate other
Voyager-based catalogs.

Thank you very much,

Axel

Axel Schmetzke, PhD
Library
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

PS: My apologies for cross-posting this message to both EASI and AXSLIB.