AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:27:59 -0500
EASI Webcast audio posted on the web
Thursday Feb. 11 1998
9 pm Eastern, 8 Central, 7 Mountain and 6 Pacific
at http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Also see at the bottom the announcement of next week's special interview
with Harry Murphey.

Note: EASI's multimedia archives are presently off line.  We have server
trouble which we sincerely trust will be rectified very shortly.  However,
we have worked another way to broadcast our weekly webcast.  So please come.

This week Project Smart has teachers discussing how they include students
with disabilities and students "at risk" in a mainstream classroom.  This
is extremely encouraging and worth tuning in on.
Below is a quote from a teacher:

Here is an exerp from the SMART presentation this Thursday.

I'm presenting to you a science lesson and it's taking place in my first
grade regular education class.  Right now I have a total of eighteen
students and two of those students have been classified by the children
study chief as either perceptually impaired or neurologically impaired.
Two other students have been identified as at risks students and there are
a total of seven students of my students who are reading below grade level.

IMPORTANT: Thursday 19 will be an interview with Dr. Harry Murphey from
CSUN talking about the upcoming CSUN conference and a host of other
valuable projects from CSUN.  EASI will also be broadcasting parts of CSUN
again this March.  This will include  a delayed webcast of the Keynote by
Ted Kennedy, Jr. Watch for both these events.