AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:44:47 -0600
We have a public access area that has 19 workstations.  We have one that has
a 21 inch monitor and adaptive software installed.  We have a sign that
states that this workstation is reserved for those with disabilities.  We
allow anyone to work on that station but first priority is given to those
with disabilities.  We do not have a time limit except for when we have
people waiting.  In that case, we still allow the person with a disability
more time if they need it.  We do have a staff member at the front desk at
all times and we have a sign in sheet so we have few problems when someone
is asked to leave.  We also have an assistive technology center which has 3
workstations but one must make an appointment to use the center.  The
assistive technology center has an instructor.  We provide training to those
with disabilities.  Hope this helps.

Ann Pearce
Services for the Visually and Physically Impaired
Manhattan Public Library
Manhattan, KS  66502