AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:52:04 GMT
Hello,

One thing thing for the children's resource library would be
WordAloud.  This is an etext reader, with magnification and a
built-in synthesiser, which is very simple to use.  Once you have
downloaded a book from the Internet, or scanned it in, WordAloud
will read it out to you.  As a word is spoken, it is displayed in
large characters on the PC screen.  It is ideal for children
with a visual impairment who can understand English, or want to
learn to read English.  It can also be used by people with
other reading problems, such as dyslexia, and by teachers
of English as a second language (TESL).  It can be operated
entirely from the keyboard, or entirely by pointing (e.g.
using a mouse).  The output can go direct to a hearing aid.
Thus WordAloud caters for a variety of disabilities and
combinations of disabilities, in a single piece of software.

Try a free evaluation version: www.wordaloud.co.uk.

Cheers,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk