AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Audrey Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:38:04 -0600
Interesting question, Linda.  Does anyone know if the Harbrace College Handbook is available in electronic format?  If it is, refreshable Braille strip technology on both library and student computers might be the answer.  It would also give the students access to a wealth of information in journals and on the Internet, for instance, that's seldom printed in book form in Braille.  With a Braille printer available, excerpts of often-used citations could also be made available in paper format.

Another thought is to check with Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic, since they do text books on tape.  See their Web site at www.rfbd.org for more information.

Audrey

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/10/00 06:18AM >>>
This is a request from a former student who works at a local academic
library. I've referred her to out State Library for the Blind and Physically
Handicapped. But I thought some of you might have an answer.   Thanks!
Linda

Linda Lucas Walling
College of Library and Information Science
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208
Phone: 803-777-2298
Web page: http://www.libsci.sc.edu/linda/walling.htm