AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Audrey Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:47:30 -0500
Please share with as many people as possible.  Apologies to anyone who has already seen this due to cross-posting.

Audrey
*********************

> My name is Yolanda Orozco. I am an undergraduate student at the
University of California at Berkeley and a McNair Scholar.

> I would like to invite you to take part in my McNair Scholar research.
It concerns the experience of Chicanas/Latinas who have become disabled
after age 15. The disability can be a chronic illness, physical
disability, or a hidden disability.Specifically, I am interested in
recording your personal history regarding your views and experience with
disability in connection to culture and community.

> If you agree to take part in my research, I will conduct an interview
with you at the time and location of your choice. The interview will
involve questions about how you perceive your acquired disability in
terms of culture and community and if you perceive any changes in
expectations from the Chicano/Latino community. The interview should
last from 30-90 minutes depending on how much you want to share.

> If you would like to take part in this project and help to create a
space for women of color in disability issues, please contact me at
510-525-6845 or at my cell at 714-785-6350. I need to interview 10 women
before July 26th.