AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:57:43 -0800
John and others,
I don't really know about non-English language materials on fee for
service full-text sites.  I would imagine that there is decent
availability in some academic subjects, but this may be far afield of
Michael's original question.  The main concern with many of these
services has been the poor level of accessibility often due to data
encryption and other digital rights management tools used on these
sights, since these systems are often incompatible with adaptive
computer software such as screen readers.

Steve Noble
Policy Analyst
Kentucky Assistive Technology Service Network
Co-Listowner, AXSLIB-L, Access to Libraries Listserv