AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:41:36 -0700
Creating accessible EPUB, PDF, Word DAISY, audio content and converting
between formats
This is a 4-week, EASI course stressing how to make accessible content in
many formats while primarily using authoring tools you already know and
use.While the course has been primarily about creating accessible document
content, this offering

will include an understanding of commercial e-book formats and mainstream
e-readers. Course participants need this background before moving on to
learning how to author accessible e-books in these formats.
Because we are only starting to integrate these insights into the course,
we will be making changes on the fly. The new content will be in a trail
format this time as we think through how to integrate it into the course.
Join me in May and be among the first alternative media content providers
to get astart at the important changes that are coming and which you will
have to understand within the foreseeable future.
We will try to focus on the features that make a document fully accessible
and help demonstrate how to do this using your familiar authoring tools.

*** Course begins May 7.

Read more about the course online and you can also register online:

http://easi.cc/workshops/text.htm

  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
It's never too late to become what you might have been. George Eliot
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  Christopher Reeve
Norman Coombs [log in to unmask]

Making Online Teaching Accessible: Inclusive Course Design for Students
with Disabilities by Norman Coombs published by Jossey-Bass Oct 10,2010
http://www.josseybass.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470499044.html

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<