AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:11:59 -0500
Greetings Colleagues and Friends,

Having any kind of disabilities should not prevent anybody from becoming
a productive member of society. For more information, just click on
http://home.att.net/~ysinger/ .

On September 8, 2005, the psychology chairman, from Middlesex Community
College, responded to my e-mail regarding on-line teaching. To my
amazement, he was so impressed with my credentials! Together, we both
decided that I should design an on-line version of Introduction to
Psychology! He mailed all the course materials to me. Then, I, with the
wonderful assistance from the director of online instruction, created
the on-line classroom in WebCT format! Since I prepared my class before
designing the on-line classroom, learning WebCT was very easy!
Hopefully, I, an adjunct, will be able to teach Introduction to
Psychology next semester (Spring 2006)!

Being offered this opportunity is a dream come true because so many
people have been saying, "You need to teach in a traditional manner
before teaching on-line." for years! Also, I have been rejected from
numerous schools since 2002. Since I have been fighting the good fight
all of my life and accomplishing so much, I refused to give up on
teaching on-line.

If you want to talk more, email me at [log in to unmask] .

Sincerely,
Yvonne Singer

--
Click to meet me...