AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alexandra Enders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:57:37 -0600
I prefer trackballs -- and have used several. I do not recommend the models
which only have a thumb controlled ball -- it seems they could lead to stress in
the thumb joint(s). Look for one where the ball is controlled by the fingers
(they are also more intuitive). If you like thumb control -- get one that has
both finger and thumb control -- and these usually have the added feature of
good hand positioning. I have one now that has finger control, and a thumb
controlled scroll wheel, an overall good handposition, and 4 buttons -- buts its
probably overkill for your purpose.

As with any mousing, playing solitaire is a great way to develop mouse or
trackball competency -- it helps you get used to dragging, double clicking, etc.
without thinking about it.

Alexandra Enders, OTR/L