AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marti Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:03:40 -0700
Fellow AXSLIB-Lers,

The San Francisco Public Library is investigating the idea of installing /
subscribing to the services of the NFB's Newsline for the Blind. I am seeking
information from public libraries that have initiated this service for their
blind and visually impaired users.  I've talked with at Sacramento and Los
Angeles Public Libraries; now I want to look farther afield.

1.  What is the population of your community?
2.  How many telephone lines did you have installed?
3.  How many  Newsline users have been subscribed through your library?
4.  How many subscribers use the service each day?
5.  How many newspaper titles do you make available to users?
6.  Which titles are most popular with your users?
7.  How did you / have you involved your community in planning for and
    initiating the service?
8.  Anything else that might be good food for thought?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marti Goddard
Access Services Manager
San Francisco Public Library