AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patsy Wakefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 16:49:13 +1300
Hi Ed & Ellen

Don't you agree that if the form/website was designed with universal access
in mind it shouldn't matter which browser/platform was used.

This is obviously one of the issues the Survey promoters should have
addressed before asking for public input.

I have come across a similar problem here in New Zealand. Our  new Govt  of
11 months, are soliciting for submissions from the Disability community on a
wide range of issues, but there is no consistency between departments.  The
Health Funding Agency (HFA)website uses pdf file format for its documents,
while the new Ministry for Disability has a really good website with very
little fancy stuff and with their documents and submission forms available
in Word and PDF and braille, large print and audio tape.  When I complained
to the HFA their reply was that they were amalgamating with the Ministry of
Health in two months so basicallly it wasn't worth the effort and expense to
make the required changes. So typical. We don'nt have quite the same clout
as we don't have ADA, but I can forsee when someone will take a lawsuit out
using our Human Rights Act, considering the lawsuite taken out against the
Sydney Olympics Committee and IBM.

Patsy Wakefield
Masters Student
Information Science Department