AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Clarence Whaley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:53:10 -0500
I would like to offer the services of GW Micro to help evaluate a
site.  Please feel free to drop email to [log in to unmask] who will gladly
look at the site and make recommendations.  Also, there is also some great
information on our site at
http://www.gwmicro.com/support
which gives some really good guidelines.

At 09:04 AM 4/20/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Is it appropriate to ask people here to look at a website and evaluate
>it in terms of accessability?  The majority of the library website makes the
>grade
>under Bobby for level 1.  I am not satsified with that and would like
>some
>guidance as to where to proceed.  After attending a presentation last
>year
>by Norm Coombs, I also added many more text alternatives and links to
>allow
>those with screen readers to jump over naigation bars to the content of
>our
>pages.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  The website is at:
>
>http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
>
>I have not provided a separate site for those using screen readers.
>That
>makes no sense to me.  Well designed sites should not need two sets of
>pages.
>
>I also want to thank everyone for the suggestions on monitors and screen
>readers.  Now it all depends on what funding I can find.  This is a
>great
>list.
>
>Bill Drew

Clarence Whaley